What Can You Cook In A Toaster Oven?
Having a toaster oven in your kitchen is a necessity as it functions as both a toaster and an oven. It is compact and requires little to no space as compared to regular ovens or microwave ovens that require a lot of space. Therefore, you might wonder, “what can you cook in a toaster oven?”
The answer is indefinite as is evident by a quick Google search that shows millions of recipes that can be easily tried using a toaster oven.
Due to its ease of use and portability, it has become popular in the common American household. In addition to that, it can perform a wide variety of functions.
So, let's dive into what can you cook in a toaster oven!
How to Use a Toaster Oven?
Before you begin implementing recipes, you must first learn how to use a toaster oven. A toaster oven is generally very user-friendly with functions that are easy to use.
The best part of the toaster oven is that it comes pre-assembled. You only need to plug it in and then begin.
To erase any confusion, follow our easy tips:
The first step is to remove all pieces and wash them. You must then wipe off all surfaces on the inside and the outside of the toaster oven.
Next, we recommend you take up reading the instruction manual so that you know all the functions of the appliance!
Furthermore, it will help you know and understand how each feature works.
Ensure you know how to remove the removable parts and put them back together.
Next, ensure you know which pans and pots would fit in the toaster oven, as its small size might not be able to accommodate your pots or larger pans.
Using the Toaster Oven
The first step to using the toaster oven is determining what you are going to use it for. You might want to just reheat food with it or you might like to bake, broil or toast.
A good bet is to check the toaster oven beforehand to see how it functions properly.
Here are the steps you can follow to ensure perfect results from your toaster oven:
- 1Place the oven on the setting and temperature required for use.
- 2Plug-in the toaster oven.
- 3Place the food on a plate or surface and then onto the rack.
- 4Set the timer.
- 5Let it cook, toast or broil.
- 6Remove the food when done, using oven mitts for safety.
So, What Can You Cook In a Toaster Oven?
With a toaster oven, you can perform the following basic functions:
Whether you need to bake cookies or a snack, the toaster oven can help you better than a traditional or microwave oven. You can use a larger toaster oven that can completely accommodate a cookie sheet or a regular oven tray.
Furthermore, you can use the oven to bake muffins and cupcakes as well. The advantage is that you do not have to preheat the oven like in a regular oven and the bread does not turn out tough like in the case of a microwave oven.
You can use the oven to bake several other recipes such as mozzarella sticks, fish sticks, nachos, fries etc. Whereas the microwave will end up with soggy and overheated food, the toaster oven results in crispy food with amazing taste.
Further, you can make mini pizzas, English muffins, and other quick snacks.
A toasters primary function is to make toast. A toaster simply heats the bread and then you can butter or add another seasoning to it.
However, a toaster oven allows you to add seasoning and butter to the bread while it is toasting. This allows easier application of the butter as the bread is still hot when you season it.
You can even try making open face cheese sandwiches in the oven, as it will melt the cheese while giving the bread a crispy texture.
Making Full Meals
With a larger toaster oven, you can make full meals for dinner. You can make casseroles, chicken breasts, and roasted vegetables.
You can even make pasta and bake your bread!
Further, you can use a toaster oven to simply reheat cold food or thaw frozen food as well.
Recipes to Try in Your Toaster Oven
Baked Chicken Fingers with Cucumber and Mango Slaw
What You'll Need
How to Make It
- 1Set the toaster oven to 425 °F.
- 2Lightly coat the chicken with olive oil and season with salt in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- 3Take the panko crumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan. Douse the chicken strips into this mixture ensuring the strips are heavily coated.
- 4Cover a baking pan with aluminum foil. Then place the strips in single file over the pan.
- 5Bake for 8 minutes then flip the chicken. Bake it further until all the chicken is cooked completely.
- 6Let the Chicken rest for five minutes.
- 7For the slaw, toss the cucumber and Mango together. Sprinkle chili flakes on top and serve with the chicken strips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Total Servings: One
Sweet Potato Oat Cookies (Gluten Free)
What You'll Need
How to Make It
- 1Set the toaster oven to 400 °F.
- 2Poke holes in the potato using a fork.
- 3Place the sweet potato on a baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 4Remove the potato and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- 5Now, set the toaster oven to 350 °F.
- 6Remove the skin and then use a hand blender to mash the sweet potatoes.
- 7Add in oats, maple syrup, spices, and vanilla.
- 8Make spoon sized dough balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes.
- 10Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 11Serve and enjoy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Total Servings: Twelve
There you have what can you cook in a toaster oven. You can modify any recipe and then learn how to cook it using these nifty ovens.
Thus, grab yours now!